Maybelline Tattoo Brow Easy Peel Off Tint | Review

Hello ladies! Fancy waking up to beautiful brows? Well look no further!


First of all let me start by saying how super excited I am to have stumbled across this product! It is by no means a revolutionary product - WunderBrow has been around for much longer, however, sometimes just sometimes I do try to be somewhat sensible when it comes to splurging on makeup!
My brows are by no means sparse although they do need some filling in, I have always wondered about tinting them just so I can save a few minutes whilst doing my makeup. Yet the idea of tinting them always fills me with dread, I always worry they'll look too dark and I'll be stuck with crazy eyebrows! So, what am I rambling on about I hear you ask! It is the Maybelline Tattoo Brow Easy Peel Off Tint.

What it is:
It is a at home peel off brow gel that can last up to 3 days giving you fuller and natural looking brows. You can leave it for 20 minutes up to 2 hours. The claims are that it is transfer and smudge proof.

Shades available:
  •  Light brown
  • Medium brown
  • Dark brown 
  • Grey brown.
The shade I purchased was in Dark brown


Formula:
It goes on like a really gloppy liquid, although it doesn't dry straight away so you have time to fix any mistakes with a cotton bud before it sets. When you are ready you can peel off from the tail end of your eyebrows and it gently comes away.

Application:
Ok, lets be real, I was really apprehensive about trying this, anything that is that dark in colour and has the potential to semi tattoo my face was scaring the crap outta me! Also, when I am under pressure my hand is anything but steady, can you blame me for my reservations?!
But hey ho, all in the name of beauty I decided to give it a shot. I prepared my face by cleansing it thoroughly and patted it dry. Then I sat and watched a million YouTube tutorials and read all the instructions on the box about 10 times over for the fear of messing up. The applicator is very similar to a lippy brush, I found it really easy to paint my eyebrows without making a complete dogs dinner out of it. When I did stuff it up I just used a cotton bud to clean it up and carried on. Once I was happy with how even they were I let it set. The formula was really easy to work with, it wasn't really difficult to shape out my eyebrows. But if you are worried, you could always lightly draw the outline of your desired brow shape with an eye pencil before hand and then fill it in with the tint. There was no way I was going to wait 2 hours, what if the neighbours or the postman rang the doorbell?! Sods law need I say more?
So after 15 minutes, I couldn't wait to peel it off, not because it was causing me any discomfort but because I was excited and nervous to see what my brows would look like. 
Peeling the tint off was extremely easy, no need to worry about ripping your precious brow hairs off, this tint peels away effortlessly.  I just brushed away any residue of the tint that was left behind with a spoolie.


Overall opinion:
I was soo impressed with the results, it did actually tint my eyebrows several shades darker to the point where I could get away without having to fill them in. I wish I had kept it on for longer as I prefer darker eyebrows. Also in hindsight, I shouldn't have been such a wuss and should have applied a thicker layer - instead of it peeling away in two pieces it would have come away more perfectly.
This product gets a 10/10 for me, because much to my surprise it really did last 3 days as advertised - in those 3 days I showered and washed my face as normal and it didn't budge. This was perfect for filling in any gaps I had in my brows and allowed me to leave the house make up free with at least my brows looking nice and tidy -  (yay! Mum win!)

The results:
This was my second attempt at using the tint. This time I kept the tint on for an hour and applied a thicker layer. I found it to work much better. (From top to bottom - My natural eyebrows, application of tint and after removing the tint)
If you are after a cheaper and convenient alternative to visiting the salon to tint your brows I would definitely give this a go!

Let me know if you have tried this product and how it was for you :)

The Maybelline Tattoo Brow Easy Peel Off Tint can be purchased here and currently retails at £12.99

Disclaimer - I purchased the above mentioned product myself and all opinions are honest and my own.

2 comments

  1. I love the maybelline tattoo brow its a life saver helped me so much as i have very very light brows. Love this gna order moreeeeee.😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete